View Full Version : Trigger diagram crosman titan gp...

firewood1
01-29-2012, 10:21 AM
How's this for a first post? Safety spring came loose on my Titan GP...so I took it off to straighten it. That means I pulled the safety pin out (duh) and lost the spring on the sear. Now I have to rebuild this trigger assembly. Crosman was no help at all. They don't have an exploded diagram of this trigger on their site...yet.
I think it's a clone of the Gamo/Chinese/Theoben trigger but my spring seems the opposite of what it shows. I think I"m having a problem w/orientation. Am about to build a compressor and pull the trigger pack off the tube so I can work on it. Can anyone recommend a good tutorial that can walk me through putting this trigger back together? Sold my R9 and QB-78. But still have the R7 and an old but perfect Daisy 747...And, no, I haven't touched the Record trigger!...nor will I. But I'd like to get this GP back together. It's decent...was shooting alright before I screwed it up. Thanks all. Looks like an informative site and I think I'll like it.

WestTexas FarmBoy
01-29-2012, 02:46 PM
.....I think it's a clone of the Gamo/Chinese/Theoben trigger......
If this is indeed the case, now might be a good time to go ahead and upgrade to a GRT or GTX trigger. ;)

There are a ton of threads about the Titan GP here, so I'm sure someone will be able to answer your question very soon. :welcome: to AirgunOne firewood1 :cheers:

firewood1
01-29-2012, 03:10 PM
WTF: At least I'm on top of that. Ordered one fm CDT last week. Should be here tomorrow...Tks

charles
02-05-2012, 11:57 AM
scroll down until you see this headline "THE Gamo-Theoben Trigger" this is where i had problems... Then carefully hook the long straight part of the strut spring (15n) under sear pin (15h). Place in sear spring (15m) and sear (15d) and push the pin through both components. Put on the circlip(15b). Hope this helps. Good luck!

http://charliedatuna.com/airgun_docs/GRT_III%20Troubleshooting.doc

firewood1
02-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Got some pics that show the rebuild of the trigger...Tks...

Chevota
10-14-2012, 07:13 PM
If you want some info on the generic Crosman trigger that everyone is complaining about you can email me at chevota at hotmail and I'll send you a tutorial in Word that describes how to mod it for free, or close to it. I'd attach it but it would be deleted by admin. You can probably find it floating around the net somewhere too, otherwise email me.

There are different ways you can do it, the simplest is using a longer adj screw, but the much better option involves opening up the trigger assy and doing a real trigger job on it. Or you could try the "Fuc#ing washer mod", if you've seen the youtube vid you know what I mean. I don't cover that mod because it isn't worth the trouble imo. It does work, but so does the screw, but the full mod described in the guide is far better. Just read the guide first to see if it's something you can and want to do. It is capable of turning out quite nice, much better than I expected, and certainly better than the aftermarket one for $35. I just can't see buying a gun for $70-100 and then paying $35+ just to get it work descent! Is there anything else in the world you buy, then pay up to 50% more just to get it work as it should? I read about some people claiming to have six or more guns, all with the aftermarket trigger! Ouch! Could've bought another gun or two for that price, plus their triggers are still not as good as they could be...
Even if you've already installed the aftermarket trigger you can still go in and make it better by following the guide because it addresses problems inside that the trigger alone cannot. If it were me I'd put the oem trigger back in and sell the aftermarket trigger to re-coup some money... The aftermarket trigger does have its place because modifying the trigger is just too much or risky for some, , but if you're a do it yourself kinda guy then it shouldn't be too hard to mod it yourself. Just please be sure to test it after you work on it to be sure it's safe, hair triggers are fun but not worth it if they go off unexpectedly. This Crosman type trigger is not precision and not capable of being a hair trigger AND being safe, so there are limitations in its design but there's still room for day and night improvements.

I do have one low powered gun setup with quite the hair trigger (which is fun but hard to get used to), but it is NOT safe because if I bump the gun hard enough it will fire! I should mention that other trigger designs set that light will do the same, especially if they are not true two-stage triggers. Many triggers, like the Crosman might feel like they're two stage, but they're really not, at least from a safety perspective. Another reason not to make a hair from a Crosman is if the work isn't done right it may even fire all by itself just sitting there! So other than the gun mentioned, I dial all my triggers in so they're basically equal to the better triggers in other guns I have, like the Rekord, but still safe enough for typical use. They're much lighter and shorter pull than oem, and smooth as butter. Not much more I could ask for...

lampy
10-14-2012, 08:27 PM
I just had the trigger apart on my Daisy 130, it has the same trigger. To get the long end of the strut spring (15n) under the sear pin (15 H) I had to pull the sear pin part way out, just enough to slip the long straight end of the strut spring past it. Then slide the sear pin back through the hole. I see what you mean about the orientation issue, the diagram doesn't look like what I remember for the strut spring. BTW I installed the strut and spring with the long end of the spring up, then slid the sear pin out to sneak the strut spring past it.... confused yet? I am..... If you can't find a you tube video or instructions that are more helpful give us a shout and if I need to I will pull the Daisy apart and take some pics.....

WestTexas FarmBoy
10-15-2012, 01:59 AM
If you want some info on the generic Crosman trigger that everyone is complaining about you can email me at chevota at hotmail and I'll send you a tutorial in Word that describes how to mod it for free, or close to it. I'd attach it but it would be deleted by admin....
Hi Chevota, I'm very curious as to why you said we would delete that :confused: :confused: . I have sent you a PM with my e-mail address, and I would very much appreciate it if you would send this document to me. Unfortunately, Word .doc files cannot be attached to AG1 posts, but if it doesn't violate our forum rules (http://www.airgunone.com/forums/terms.html), I will be glad to make it available here. :nod:

diarmadhim
10-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Chevota- hell of a first post. lol We're generally not in the business of deleting things unless they are in direct violation of the rules, our ego's are generally not that big...tho sometimes I wonder how difficult it must be for WTFB to find a hat.:moon:

Anyway back to post removal..that sounds like a Gateway we don't want to open and go down.:D

WestTexas FarmBoy
10-15-2012, 05:16 PM
... back to post removal..that sounds like a Gateway we don't want to open and go down.:D
:pound: Even though you are full of :bull: as always diar, I have to give you props :yo: for that one :pound:

lampy
10-15-2012, 06:41 PM
:nono:to both of you.

diarmadhim
10-15-2012, 09:19 PM
what?:angel:

WestTexas FarmBoy
10-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks for sending us your Trigger Mod Chevota :thumb:. It is very well written with great pics.

I posted it in the Trigger Tunes thread in Library Reference Section (http://www.airgunone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46) . :welcome: to AirgunOne, and thanks again.

uncle jed
10-15-2012, 10:57 PM
sometimes it's fun for us kids to watch the adults play

WestTexas FarmBoy
10-16-2012, 05:29 AM
:nono:to both of you.
What? :evil:
(That was just an inside joke BTW, one that lampy was in on...)

:lol: Anyone who is expecting diarmadhim and myself to act like adults is begging for disappointment. :tongue1: Don't get me wrong, we can if we have to...:mod: But our current crop of members are mature and respectful enough (especially the teenagers :thumb:) that we can all have fun here. :cheers:

We will be serious when when endeavoring to help someone with questions and such. :nod: But Airgunning is a fun addict... I mean sport. And we also find great sport in :boink: each other. Sometimes it may look like this :brick: to casual observers, but actually it is almost always this :hippie: & :hug: .

So, I encourage everyone to just enjoy -- and join in our :eyebrows: & :dance: & :caked:& :crazy:. Truth be told, in a battle of wits, diar would have to tie half of his brain behind his back to make it fair -- so he would be a half wit like me. Actually, I am :fear:of him and I usually just:yield:. :D

And BTW, for those that may not know: :D = :bull: around here. ;) And that is exactly just what this post is. :frech11:

wtfb

uncle jed
10-16-2012, 08:35 AM
that's why i like it here. sometimes i can sit for hours reading and laughing my bitt off. that makes it worthwhile to be here. of course getting all the airgun info halps unccle jed

RC1947
10-16-2012, 10:34 AM

Yes, and sometimes it's entertaining enough just to read these posts without adding to the humour for fear of stopping the play:thumb: RC

diarmadhim
10-16-2012, 10:36 AM
That whole post was the best one yet!!
I post an insult about you, you come back with we're just having fun, then proceed to point out how fantastical my half brains are. Making me look like the bad guy and you the sweet old grandpa everyone wishes they had. Bravo sir, well played..

Just for the record, you would stomp me something fierce with one half tied behind my back... all those years and years of experience on me I suppose.

Now I think you've hijacked this thread enough, so we should probably get back on subject...which was...:noidea:

WTFB...:slap:...Me

RC1947
10-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Roy Roger's horse, Trigger? RC

lampy
10-16-2012, 05:10 PM
It might have been related to this http://www.airgunone.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4434&d=1350351935 but I'm not sure any more. :ohwell:

RS2Shooter
10-16-2012, 09:24 PM
I just thought I'd ad this review. Tonight I went to the nearest "do it best" aka 'mom and pop' hardware store and got myself the 3mm x 10mm allen head screw and fitted it to my crosman titan. The trigger feels much better now! Much shorter second stage and seems to have a smoother feel.

WestTexas FarmBoy
10-17-2012, 03:16 AM
Just for the record, you would stomp me something fierce with one half tied behind my back... all those years and years of experience on me I suppose.
Well played your own self...

Now I think you've hijacked this thread enough, so we should probably get back on subject...which was...:noidea:

Ha, it's supposed to be my job to keep posts on topic -- and I've always been the worst offender about getting them going somewhere else. Usually somewhere silly... :sorry:

Well then, :focus: -- or whatever. :behindsofa:

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE!! You're the one who started this!!
:brick:

diarmadhim
10-17-2012, 10:29 AM
RS2, glad to hear it. Did you follow the advice from a guide or something you just tried on your own?

lampy
10-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Chevotas trigger mod recommends a longer 3mm trigger adjustment screw to shorten the second stage. I'm going to give this a try on my Daisy 130 also.

Splash
10-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Be careful adding longer adjustment screws. A longer screw shortens the sear engagement and can lead to failure.

lampy
10-17-2012, 08:38 PM
I'm just looking for a shorter second stage, so this sounds like a good place to start. Easy to go back to the original screw if it doesn't give me what I'm looking for. I like mods that are reversible....:thumb:

lampy
10-18-2012, 09:18 PM
I have to agree with RS2shooter, this mod works. And a big thanks to Chevota for sharing it:thumb:
I replaced my trigger adjustment screw with an 8mm long one and was able to adjust the second stage down to where its much shorter. With the original adjustment screw screwed in all the way the second stage was still way to long. I adjusted a half turn at a time, until I got close to where I wanted it, then 1/4 turn at a time until I was happy with the length of the second stage. I can see where you could take it too far and make it unsafe but with some common sense this is a great mod.